The Advantages and Disadvantages of Chemical Portable Toilets
A chemical toilet is suitable for any location where water isn't available because it operates without water or more specifically because it is independent of water supplies. Construction sites, festivals, and other major events typically use chemical toilets with fixed tanks.
The majority of models do not require a power connection, which further enhances autonomy and broadens the range of applications. However, it should be taken into account that there are circumstances that limit the independent use of these toilets.
Chemical toilets operate on the same principle regardless of their model or location of use. In addition to collecting solid and liquid excretions, chemical substances are added to the container. These are intended to stop the natural bacterial decomposition of the droppings and thus prevent unpleasant odours from developing. The chemicals also act as disinfectants and speed up the (chemical) decomposition of urine, faeces, and toilet paper that is added, thereby making the subsequent emptying of the container easier, if not always pleasant.
Although chemical toilets require a small amount of water, they do not require a connection to the sewage system, which is why they are often found in areas without water access. As a result, chemicals are used to accelerate the chemical decomposition of excretions, which, however, can be hazardous in many ways. We summarize all these advantages and disadvantages in the following practical overview.
- Hygienic: as a result of chemical substances and regular emptying
- Self-sufficient: does not require an external sewer connection
- Compact: Except for fixed-tank toilets, most other models take up little room
- Dependence: Must be disposed of at a special disposal site
- Toxic substances: Chemical additives are harmful to our health and the environment, and they should be used with caution and responsibility
- Costs: Chemical additives can be quite costly.
- Cleaning: Regular and thorough cleaning is required because of the substances used.
- Water: Chemical toilets, even though they don't require a water connection, cannot function without it compared to other alternatives.
Get in touch with the team at Pioneer Plastics to find out more about portable toilets and how to obtain them at affordable prices.