The Benefits of Harvesting Rainwater and Why You Should Start Now
Rainwater is free, whereas, water from mains is not. Rainwater has an almost neutral pH and is valued for its purity and softness. It is free from minerals, salts, by-products, and other natural and artificial contaminants. Below are some of the top benefits associated with rainwater harvesting:
- Since rainwater harvesting is free, it can help you save money on your monthly water bill.
- Rainwater is relatively clean and safe and can be used immediately.
- Helps with saving water.
- Promotes sustainable living and benefits the environment.
- Allows you to control your water supply.
- Healthier for plants due to its lack of chlorine.
- Reduces stormwater runoff, which increases the durability of roads.
- Can help prevent soil erosion.
- Provides a cost-effective solution for drainage problems and can reduce the incidences of water pooling in your yard after heavy rain.
- Water cuts won't affect you since you can use your rainwater harvesting system as a backup or add-on to your municipal water system.
- Rainwater harvesting tanks can easily be customised and fitted into existing structures to increase their effectiveness.
Are there any disadvantages of rainwater harvesting?
- The initial installation fee is high.
- Many parts of South Africa often experience periods of drought, and rainfall can be unpredictable.
- Rainwater tanks can often overflow, especially during rainy seasons.
- Your roof can be prone to rat and bird droppings, as well as chemicals.
- Lack of maintenance may make your rainwater tank attract pests.
Start Now and Reap the Benefits of Rain Harvesting
While there might be some downsides to rain harvesting, the benefits far outweigh them. So why wait when you can take advantage of free resources? Summer, aka rainy season, is around the corner, and now is the best time to invest in a rainwater harvesting tank for your property. For more information, get in touch with the team at Pioneer Plastics. Or head on over to our online shop and order your water tank today!